Delicious baked macaroni and cheese recipe. Mmm!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a deep 2 and 1/2 quart casserole.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
3. In a small saucepan, melt 8 tablespoons of the butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheeses. To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 and 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, the cubed Velveeta, and the eggs. Season with the salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
5. Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
OPTIONAL: For extra special occasions, you can substitute milk for the half-and-half and add an extra stick of butter. You can also add breadcrumbs to the 1 tablespoon of butter in step 4 and sprinkle that on the top. Excellent as either a side or main dish.
Converted by MC_Buster, minor edits by daveyandlili :)
NOTES : From Patti La Belle Recipe by: Good Morning America
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (803g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 1002 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 111.3g||148 %|
|Saturated Fat 65.8g||329 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 32.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.6g|
|Cholesterol 664.2mg||204 %|
|Sodium 915.7mg||32 %|
|Potassium 1077.2mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 82.1g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 79.6g|
|Protein 51.1g||73 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1521
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.