An easy recipe for deviled eggs with more of what everyone likes.....the filling. Recipe can be doubled (or more) with success for family gatherings or parties. Top with alternating capers, paprika and dill weed for a nice presentation. It is also a great snack or appetizer for those on a low carb diet.
1. Hard boil 8 eggs.
2. Slice the eggs in half length wise. Remove all of the Yolks and place them in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Set aside 12 of the egg white halves onto a serving platter for later filling. 4 of the egg white halves are not used.
4. Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well with the yolks. Use a hand mixer for a creamy texture, or beat and mix with a fork for a chunkier texture.
5. Fill egg white halves with yolk mixture. There should be enough filling to overflow the center hole of each egg half.
6. Top with capers, or paprika, or dill weed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tastes best with real mayonnaise. A variety of vinegars turn out well including red wine vinegar. You can substitute Dijon mustard for regular mustard if you prefer.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (40g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 143mg||44 %|
|Sodium 87.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 46.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.5g|
|Protein 4.3g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 84
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.