For 6 servings:
1. Place 12oz rice stick noodles in a mixing bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Once the noodle is semi-soft, drain the water from the noodles and set them aside.
2. Crack 6eggs
3. Place a wok over high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil. Heat until it shimmers, then add the tofu. Cook the tofu until golden brown, moving constantly, for no longer than 1 minute. Remove the tofu from the pan to a small bowl and set aside.
4. If necessary, add some more peanut oil to the pan and heat until shimmering. Add 2/3 of the scallions and minced garlic, cook for 10 to 15 seconds. Beat the eggs and add to the pan; once the eggs begin to set up, about 15 to 20 seconds, stir to scramble.
5. Add the remaining ingredients in the following order and toss after each addition: chives, noodles, sauce, and 2/3 of the bean sprouts and peanuts. Toss everything until heated through, but no longer than 1 to 2 minutes total. Add palm sugar, rice wine vinegar, tamarind sauce, salt & soup base to flavor.
6. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with the remaining scallions, beansprouts, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve immediately with the ground chile peppers and lime wedges.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (556g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Pr Servin|
|Calories from Fat: 419 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 46.6g||62 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.7g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.3g|
|Cholesterol 1170.9mg||360 %|
|Sodium 676.3mg||23 %|
|Potassium 777mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 87.9g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 85.2g|
|Protein 54.9g||78 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 996
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!