Lemon Caper Beurre Blanc:
1) place the shallots and wine in a stainless steel saucepan over high heat. Reduce wine for 10-20 minutes, or until almost completely reduced.
2) add the lemon and capers to the pan and continue to reduce for another minute or so.
3) add the cream and bring to a boil over medium heat, reducing the liquid by half (2-3 minutes). Reduce the cream to the desired thickness.
Pan fried Haddock:
4) mix flour with salt and pepper, and place in a shallow dish or a plate.
5) pat dry the haddock and then dredge in seasoned flour.
6) in a frying pan place butter and oil and heat until almost smoking.
7) place floured haddock into the frying pan for 1 minute on each side, then remove from heat.
Putting it all together:
8) cut 4 oz of butter into cubes and place in the lemon caper Beurre Blanc sauce pan one at a time, whilst whisking. Wait until each cube of butter is completely incorporated before adding another cube.
9) once all the butter is added, remove from heat season with salt and serve on top of the haddock and garnish with dill.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (255g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 649 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 72.1g||96 %|
|Saturated Fat 43.8g||219 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 193.2mg||59 %|
|Sodium 532.7mg||18 %|
|Potassium 141.5mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 81.6g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 80.1g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 970
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!