1. Rinse and pat dry fish.
2. Mix together flour and seasonings together in a pie plate. I am guessing a little on the amount, so season to taste.
3. Pre-heat large fry pan over medium heat. I like either cast iron or stainless pans for this.
4. Add oil to pan, enough so that there is about a 1/2 inch or so in the bottom.
5. Bread fish by turning in the flour a couple times. You could shake the fish with the flour mixture in a bag as well.
6. Add fish to hot oil, until pan is full but not crowded. Make sure there is about 1/2 inch of space between the pieces of fish.
7. Fry until browned. You'll know because the edges of the fish will start to brown and the fish will easily come free off the bottom of the pan. If the fish doesn't want to come free yet, let it cook a little longer. I use tongs and wiggle the piece a little bit before I try to turn the filet. Turn when ready, it should only take a few minutes, but will depend on the size of the filets.
8. Remove from pan when lightly browned, you don't want to over-cook and dry the fish out. Place the fish on a cooling rack lined with paper towels. Don't put on a plate or your fish will get soggy. You can place this in a warm oven to keep the fish warm while you cook the next batch.
Great served with tarter sauce!
The secret to crisp breading is to drain the fish on a paper towel lined cooling rack!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (230g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 238 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.4g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.2g|
|Cholesterol 126.8mg||39 %|
|Sodium 1311.1mg||45 %|
|Potassium 729.6mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 2.9g|
|Protein 37.3g||53 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 404
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.