1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees C/ 350degrees f. Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are just cooked. Drain, place on a baking tray and drizzle with 20ml of the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme leaves, and put in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
2. Ten minutes before the potatoes are ready, melt the butter in a large pan and fry the shallots and garlic for 3-5 minutes until golden.
3. Heat a splash of olive oil in a separate large pan on a medium to high heat. Smear each fish fillet with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and, when the pan is hot, fry for about 2-3 minutes each side, cooking in batches.
4. While the sea bass is cooking, add the spinach and two tablespoons of water to the pan of shallots and garlic, and cover. Cook for about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally. When it has wilted, season well.
5. Pile two sea bass fillets on each plate, with some spinach and a few potatoes. Garnish with a sprig of thyme and serve immediately. Serves four
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (592g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 147 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.4g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 121.9mg||38 %|
|Sodium 350.9mg||12 %|
|Potassium 2126.1mg||56 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42.1g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 35.3g|
|Protein 55.1g||79 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 536
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.