1. Cut thecourgettes in half lengthways.
2. Pour the oil into a large frying pan and set over a medium/high heat.
3. When hot , put in the courgettes, skin side down, in a single layer ( in batches if necessary)
4. When the skin is a reddish-brown, turn the pieces over. Brown the cut side in the same way.
5. Arrange in a single layer on a platter, cut side up.
6. Squeeze some lemon juice over the top, then sprinkle with salt, lots of black pepper, some cumin and cayenne pepper.
7. Serve immediately
To make roasted ground cumin seeds.
Put a few tablespoons of seeds in a small, cast iron frying pan over a medium/high heat. Stir and roast for a few minutes, until the seeds are just a shade darker and give off a strong roasted aroma. Allow to cool, grind in a coffee grinder or crush in a mortar. Leftover seeds will keep for months in a tightly lidded jar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (329g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 246 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.4g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 38005.1mg||1311 %|
|Potassium 529.8mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 4.9g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 272
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!