1. Cut the cauliflower up into medium-sized florets.
2. Heat ~2 tablespoons of butter and a glug of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat well with the fats. Add the red pepper flakes and lightly season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and allow the cauliflower to cook for around 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. (Covering the cauliflower at this stage will help it become tender.)
4. Remove the cover from the pan and turn the heat up slightly to medium-high. Cook the cauliflower, uncovered, until it is well-browned, around 10 minutes. Stir frequently so the cauliflower will brown evenly.
5. Towards the end of cooking, pour ~1/4 cup of meat broth into the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrap up the browned parts (fond) from the bottom of the pan and stir in with the cauliflower. Continue to cook until liquid is evaporated.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning; transfer to a serving dish. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Other great seasonings for cauliflower:
Lemon and pepper
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (563g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 233 (74%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.9g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.5g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 30.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 953.3mg||33 %|
|Potassium 1046.8mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.8g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 9g|
|Protein 8.9g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 316
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!