1. Following the instructions on page 285, press the tofu over-night, or for at least 25-30 minutes.
2. Slice the pressed tofy into 9 to 10 rectanlges and then slice each rectangle into 6 squares to make 54-60 pieces.
3. Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for several minutes
4. In a large bowl, combine the tofu squares, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss until fully coated.
5. When a drop of water sizzles on the skillet, it's ready. Add the oil and tilt the skillet to coat it evenly with the oil. Carefully add the tofu to the pan (be careful, as the oil might splatter; use a platter guard if needed) in a single layer, making sure all the pieces lay flat against the skillet.
6. Cook the tofu for 3 to 5 minutes, until a golden crust forms. Flip each piece and cook for 3 3to 5 minutes more, until golden. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (114g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 60 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 9.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 159mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.3g|
|Protein 11.3g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 106
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!