Making the minutes count:
While the salmon browns, mince the garlic and shallot. While the couscous cooks, make the chive oil.
1. Preheat Oven: Adjust oven rack to middle position, place baking dish on oven rack, and heat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Brown fish on one side: Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Gently place fish in skillet (flesh side down if fillets are skin-on) and brown well on first side, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer Fish to Oven: Gently transfer fish (skin side down) to baking dish in oven and continue to cook until fish has turned from translucent to opaque, about 15 minutes.
4. Saute Couscous and Aromatics: While fish bakes, wipe out sillet with paper towels, add 1 more tbsp of oil to skillet, and return to medium-high heat. Add couscous and toast until light golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, shallot, and lemon zest and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Simmer Couscous: Stir in water and cook over high heat until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tener, about 12 minutes.
6. Make Drizzling Oil: Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 2 tbsp oil along with 2 tbsp of chives and 1 tbsp of lemon juice; set aside.
7. Finish Couscous: Off heat, sprinkle peas over couscous, cover, and let warm through, about 2 minutes. Stir in reamining 2 tbsp chives and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle chive oil over salmon and couscous when serving
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (438g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.3g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 114.9mg||4 %|
|Potassium 346.6mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.9g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 66.2g|
|Protein 14.3g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 388
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!