1. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat. In a bowl, mix togetehr dry ingredients. Beat eggs into 1 1/2 cups milk, then stir in 2 tablespoons melted cooled butter. Gently stir this mixture into dry ingredients, mixing only enough to moisten flour; don't worry about a few lumps. If batter seems thick, add a little more milk.
2. Place a teaspoon or 2 or butter or oil on griddle or skillet. When butter foam subsides or oil shimmers, ladle batter onto griddle or skillet, making pancakes of any size. Adjust heat as necessary; usally, first batch will require higher heat than subsequent batches. Flip pancakes after bubbles rise to surface and bottoms brown, after 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Cook until second side is lightly browned. Serve, or hold on an ovenproof plate in a 200 degree oven for up to 15 minutes.
4. FOR BLUEBERRY OR BANANA PANCAKES.....Use fresh or frozen blueberries; over ripe bananas are great. Just before cooking, stir blueberries into batter. For bananas, slice them and press into surface of cooking pancakes. Cook pancakes a little more slowly than you would other pancakes as they burn more easily.
5. FOR WHOLE-GRAIN PANCAKES... Substitute whole wheat flour, cornmeal, rolled oats or a combination for up to 1 cup of flour and proceed with recipe.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (224g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 173 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.3g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 545.8mg||168 %|
|Sodium 408.2mg||14 %|
|Potassium 274.9mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 54g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 52.2g|
|Protein 23g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 484
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.