1. Combine milk and vinegar and let sit 5 minutes to sour.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
3. In another large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and melted butter together. Temper the butter into the eggs so that it does not cook the eggs.
4. Whisk soured milk into egg/butter mixture. Temper the milk into the egg/butter mixture so that the butter does not congeal.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk. Mix the batter just enough to bring it together -- get rid of large lumps, but don't over-mix (batter should be lumpy).
6. Let pancake batter rest at least 5-10 minutes before making pancakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (210g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 524 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 58.3g||78 %|
|Saturated Fat 36.7g||184 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 166.8mg||51 %|
|Sodium 421.7mg||15 %|
|Potassium 223.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 6.5g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 559
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.