1. Wrap your block of tofu in paper towels loosely, then press between two plates. Place a bag of flour on the top plate to help press out the excess liquid. After about 30 minutes drain off the liquid and throw away the paper towel. Cut the tofu into about 8 cubes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the flour and salt in a medium sized plate, beat the egg in a shallow bowl, and combine the panko, garlic, sesame, red pepper flakes, and thai basil (if using) in a separate medium sized plate.
3. Place foil over a baking sheet. Coat each cube of tofu in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture and finally the panko mixture before placing on the baking sheet.
4. Bake about 8 minutes before flipping the tofu cubes over and baking another 8 minutes. The tofu should be golden brown.
5. Drizzle with your favorite sauce, such as teriyaki or a sweet soy, top with green onion and enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (325g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 292 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.4g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.8g|
|Cholesterol 211.5mg||65 %|
|Sodium 298mg||10 %|
|Potassium 685.8mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 53g|
|Protein 44.1g||63 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 676
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.