Here is another thirty minute meal that you can put together for your family. Instead of sirloin, I used venison in this recipe. Venison is very lean and can be over cooked quickly. Venison is an execellent subsitution for beef, but it must be prepared correctly before cooking. See my upcoming blog "Substituting Venision for Beef to Save Money" for instructions on preparing venision.
1. Place shortening in a medium sized skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle beef tips with salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Combine meal, flour, 1tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. and 1/2 tsp garlic powder in a gallon size ziplock bag and shake to mix.
4. Put the beef tips in the flour mix and shake until well coated.
5. Placed floured beef tips into pan and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once.
6.Remove beef tips from pan and add worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup water, and 1 tsp of black pepper to pan.
7. Bring to boil and add 1 tablespoon of flour mixture slowly. Stir gravy with wisk until smooth.
8. Place 1/4 fresh spinach in one corner of plate. I like the texture and flavor of fresh spinach, but you can sear or boil the spinach if you do not like it raw.
9. Add 1 serving of the beef tips on top of the bed of spinach.
10. Spinkle the black pepper gravy on top of the beef tips and around the edges of the spinach.
11. Sprinkle the fried onions on top of beef tips.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (71g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 47 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.2g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 2.4mg||1 %|
|Sodium 91.6mg||3 %|
|Potassium 232.2mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.1g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 37.2g|
|Protein 5.6g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 230
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.