1) Combine 1 cup of the flour, 1 tbl. of the Marjoram, 1 tsp. of the paprika , and some salt and black pepper in a low-sided dish. Stir until blended.
2) Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the butter and oil. Heat until the butter has melted and the oil is shiny.
3) Sprinkle the chicken all over with salt and black pepper. Next, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour on all sides. Shake to remove excess flour before placing the chicken into the pot. Working in batches if necessary, sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
4) Add the onions to the pot and reduce the heat to medium. Sprinkle with the sugar and some salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened and turned golden, about 12 minutes. Add the garlic and bell peppers and cook for 1 minute more. Add the tomato paste, chicken broth, red pepper flakes and the remaining 1 tbl. marjoram and 2 tsp. paprika; stir to combine.
5) Place the chicken back in the pot, nestling it in the sauce. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the chicken is very tender and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 50 minutes.
6) Remove the chicken to a serving dish. Mix the sour cream with the remaining 2 tbl. flour in a medium bowl. Stir the mixture into the sauce.
7) Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle generously with dill.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (677g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 668 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 74.2g||99 %|
|Saturated Fat 24.7g||123 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14g|
|Cholesterol 339.3mg||104 %|
|Sodium 946.2mg||33 %|
|Potassium 1388.5mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 42.3g|
|Protein 80.9g||116 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1185
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!