1. Cook the fennel in plenty of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes - more depending on size of bulb, until tender. Transfer to kitchen paper to dry, then roughly chop and place in a bowl, reserving the cooking water.
2. Heat half the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and saute the onion for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add 500ml of water used to cook the fennel, as well as the saffron, sultanas, and poine nuts and ismmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, saute the anchovies with remaining oil in a small saucepan over low heat for a few minutes until they distintegrate, then add to sauce.
4. Add the sardines to the saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the fennel. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
5. Cook pasta in boiling fennel water until al dente. Drain and serve with sauce, sprinkling breadcrumbs on top.
872 cals - 55g Protein
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (66g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 8 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.9g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 2.9mg||1 %|
|Sodium 224.1mg||8 %|
|Potassium 73.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 9.8g|
|Protein 2.9g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 62
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!