1. Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE & set it on HIGH heat. Add oil. When the oil becomes hot gently release the ground meat and saute the meat until nicely browned. Stir frequently with a spatula.
2. Once the meat is well-browned, add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for about a minute.
3. Now, throw in the chopped carrots and celery and give everything a good stir. Saute for another minute.
4. Pour in the Stock. De-glaze the pot very well, scraping the sides & the bottom of the pot with the help of a spatula. This will loosen any stuck food particles and prevent the BURN error.
5. Next, add all the seasonings like paprika, oregano, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes & salt. Give everything in the pot a good stir.
6. Add the tomatoes, canned beans (rinsed and drained), pasta. Give everything in the pot a very good mix.
7. CANCEL the SAUTE function. Close the lid of the Instant Pot. Seal the Valve and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for just 4 minutes. The pressure will take some time to build because it's a large quantity soup.
8. Once the Pressure cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Immediately perform a quick pressure release by manually moving the valve from SEALING to the VENTING position. Open the lid carefully.
9. The amazing wholesome Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli is ready. You need to serve the soup almost immediately because the longer the pasta sits in the soup, the more it gets overcooked & turns mushy.
10. Garnish with some chopped fresh parsley, crushed black pepper, grated parmesan and drizzles of extra virgin olive oil.. Dig in!
If you plan to store it in the fridge, I would skip cooking the pasta in the soup. Cook the pasta separately and mix in the soup bowl while serving. You also can sub the kidney beans with garbanzo beans.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2020g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 994 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 110.4g||147 %|
|Saturated Fat 63.8g||319 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 35.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 432.3mg||133 %|
|Sodium 2963.6mg||102 %|
|Potassium 4931.2mg||130 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 178.9g||53 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 177.3g|
|Protein 109.4g||156 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2129
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!