1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, med-high heat.
2. Add: sausage, garlic. Saute, stirring to crumble (2 min or until browned).
3. Add: water, broth, tomato sauce. Bring to boil.
4. Add: pasta, 1/4 c. cheese, oregano, salt, white pepper, beans. Bring to boil.
5. Cover. Reduce heat. Simmer (8 min or until pasta is done).
6. Let stand (5 min). Serve sprinkled with cheese. Garnish with parsley (optional).
Original recipe called for 6oz of sausage, but I just throw in the whole package. If you buy sausage in link form, squeeze the meat out and throw away the skin.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (239g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 73 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.1g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 66.8mg||21 %|
|Sodium 974.2mg||34 %|
|Potassium 247.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.9g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 24.1g|
|Protein 16g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 237
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.