* Place beans in a soup pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, cook 2 minutes and remove pan from heat. Let beans soak for 1 hour.
* Drain beans, then cover with fresh water. Bring water to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Drain, but reserve the cooking water. (If using canned beans, simply drain them and set them aside.
* Heat olive oil in pot, Saute' onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add tomatoes, beans and stock. Measure out the bean cooking water and add 4 cups to the soup. (If necessary, add regular water or stock. With canned beans, use more stock than water). Add parsley, basil and some salt and pepper.
* Bring to a simmer and cook, partially covered, 45 minutes. Remove 2 cups of soup and puree it in a blender or food processor. Return puree to the soup pot and stir to blend.
* Add pasta, cook 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add water or stock if soup is too thick.
* Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed.
* Serve sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (712g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 34 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.8g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 20.4mg||6 %|
|Sodium 624.4mg||22 %|
|Potassium 1388.6mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.9g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||42 %|
|Sugars, other 37.5g|
|Protein 14.6g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 274
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.