1. Cook pasta in boiling water according to packet directions, omitting additional fat. Drain the pasta in a colander over a bowl, and reserve ½ cup cooking liquid.
2. Heat a large skillet over a medium heat. Add 1tbsp of olive oil to the pan, swirling to coat. Add the pancetta; cook for about 10 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; set pancetta aside.
3. Add shallots; cook for 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Add peas and garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
5. Add wine and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid reduces to 2 tablespoons (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat.
6. Add pasta, 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and black pepper to pea mixture; toss well. Stir in reserved cooking liquid.
7. Serve with grated cheese and pancetta.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (195g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 148 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.4g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 15.8mg||5 %|
|Sodium 1524.9mg||53 %|
|Potassium 167.5mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 89.6g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.6g||54 %|
|Sugars, other 76g|
|Protein 21.2g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 581
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.