Another fall favorite of mine. This creamy pumpkin sauce is delicious! Red pepper flakes and fresh basil really make the flavors pop. Serve with a light green salad.
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, in a double boiler, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
3. Add the remaining butter and stir until melted.
4. Whisk in the pumpkin.
5. Stir in the red pepper, nutmeg and black pepper.
6. Stir in 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, adding hot pasta water to thin the sauce to your liking. (A whisk works best for stirring and combining the ingredients.)
7. Add salt to taste.
8. Remove the sauce from heat and stir in the basil.
9. Combine the drained pasta with the pumpkin sauce.
10. Top with the remaining cheese, and basil if you like.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (79g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 138 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.4g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.8g||44 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 77.9mg||24 %|
|Sodium 108.3mg||4 %|
|Potassium 165.6mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 32g|
|Protein 8.7g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 300
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.