• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
• In a large mixing bowl combine the onion, garlic and celery with all the other ingredients except the bacon. Mix together lightly, making sure not to overwork it.
• Form the meat mixture into an oval loaf and place it on a baking pan. Lay bacon slices across the meat loaf. Bake for 1 ¼ hrs, basting occasionally with the juices in the pan. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
• Cut in thick slices and serve with mashed potatoes. Provecho!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (916g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 933 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 103.7g||138 %|
|Saturated Fat 51.5g||257 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 37.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 440.3mg||135 %|
|Sodium 1332.2mg||46 %|
|Potassium 2875.5mg||76 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 82.3g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 81.4g|
|Protein 95.5g||136 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1649
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!