1. Brown onion. Raise heat under pan to medium-high. Add "meat" and break up with spoon or spatula as it cooks and browns—the total cooking time is about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. Make seasoning. Place garlic, tomatoes with their juices, cumin and chili powder in a blender. Secure lid and process until smooth.
3. Add seasoning mixture to onion and meat mixture. Simmer, returning pan to medium-high heat. Stir 5 minutes to cook Chile mixture. Add drained beans, salt, and pepper. Stir in 2 cups water and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer 45 minutes.
4. Make quinoa. It only takes about 20 minutes total. Follow instructions on package and let stand until Chili is done cooking.
5. Final combo. After the chili is finished add quinoa and corn meal.
Mix well and let sit. Top with chopped green onions and grated cheese.
Reheat to serve.
Cook it with love!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (308g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 648.5mg||22 %|
|Potassium 883.8mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.2g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.8g||59 %|
|Sugars, other 32.4g|
|Protein 14.6g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 248
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!