1) Put one sliced onion in bottom of slow cooker.
2) Salt and pepper chops, brown in hot olive oil, and add to slow cooker with juices.
3) Peel squash, chop into two-inch chunks, and add to slow cooker--along with garlic. Add a second sliced onion if desired.
4) Pour in beer, syrup, and more salt (1 to 2 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp).
5) Cook on high for five hours. The chops should be super tender and the squash and garlic soft. The garlic can separated and used as a spread with some good bread. Separate the juice, add a tablespoon of flour, and cook on the stove top to make a thicker gravy if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (1470g)|
|Recipe Makes: 0|
|Calories from Fat: 33 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 59.2mg||2 %|
|Potassium 4778.3mg||126 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 165g||49 %|
|Dietary Fiber 27g||108 %|
|Sugars, other 138g|
|Protein 14g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 690
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.