1. Preheat dutch oven for 15 minutes using 21 coals on top and 11 coals under the oven
2. While oven is warming, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl
3. Place bread slices into egg mixture to soak
4. Move oven away from bottom coals and remove lid
5. Melt butter in heated oven. Blend brown sugar into the melted butter
6. Once sugar-butter turns light brown, place drained peaches into the caramel
7. Spread egg-soaked bread on top of peaches
8. Return lid to oven and place oven back over coals
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes, refreshing coals if required. Occasionally check the bread mixture to ensure the edges don't burn
- 14-inch dutch oven
- Medium sized bowl
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (454g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 135 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.1g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 512.4mg||158 %|
|Sodium 439.9mg||15 %|
|Potassium 608.9mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 209.9g||62 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 206.3g|
|Protein 29.1g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1083
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!