- Put the green peas(without the pots), garlic, onion/shallots in to boiling with the bouillion
(usually I use pressure cooker for 13-14min. is enough).
- when the peas are soft take all the ingredients out. but keep the juice DoNot throw it yet.
- Put all cooked ingredients in to a blender or in a pot where you can use your hand mixer.
- Soak the toast bread in to the water left over in the pot. when soaks the cooking water nicely remove it and put in to the blender too.
- add virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dill, basil in to blender and blend it nicely.
- Beat the fennel seeds(according to your own taste but be-careful fennel has a strong taste like anise) in the mortar and add them in to the blender and season it with salt and pepper.
You may use this dish as a meze/appetizer or also as a dip therefore the thickness of the dish you need to judge. If you need to have it juicier add more cooking water or olive oil or lemon juice
It is very much refreshing meze for summer time
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (18g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 112 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.5g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 39.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 6.7mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.4g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.4g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 112
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.