1. Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Generously grease bottoms only of 2 9-inch round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mixes, water, 1 cup peanut butter, the oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar. Heat to boiling; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
5. In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside. In another medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup peanut butter and the brown sugar mixture on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add whipped cream to peanut butter mixture; beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and creamy.
6. Split each cake layer horizontally to make 2 layers. Fill each layer with about 2/3 cup peanut butter mixture to within 1/2 inch of edge. Frost side and top of cake with frosting. Press peanuts onto frosting on side of cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (281g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 536 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 59.6g||79 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.6g||88 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13.4g|
|Cholesterol 138.8mg||43 %|
|Sodium 769.5mg||27 %|
|Potassium 507.8mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 103g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 98.5g|
|Protein 19.2g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 991
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.