Try this Pear and Ground Pork-Stuffed Winter Squash recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. preheat the oven to 350.
2. Dot the inside of each acorn squash with coconut oil and sprinkle each with a little sea salt and nutmeg.
3. Place the acorn squash cut side up in a large glass baking dish and add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the dish; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
4. Cook the squash in the oven for 45 minutes or until fork-tender.
5. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions in the coconut oil until they start to turn brown.
6. Add the ground pork, carrots, and a little sea salt and pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon each) and cook until the pork is no longer pink.
7. Add the parsley, sage, and thyme and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
8. Add the garlic, pears, and almonds and stir just until warm.
9. Taste the stuffing and add more salt or seasoning if desired.
10. Stuff each acorn squash with a big spoonful of the pork mixture, return to the hot oven, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2445g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1118 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 124.3g||166 %|
|Saturated Fat 49.1g||245 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 51.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.7g|
|Cholesterol 326.6mg||100 %|
|Sodium 962.8mg||33 %|
|Potassium 6910mg||182 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 228g||67 %|
|Dietary Fiber 42.5g||170 %|
|Sugars, other 185.5g|
|Protein 97.8g||140 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2316
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.