This is a very attractive, rustic tart, perfect for dessert or a coffee break. It's pretty easy to make but really impressive!
1. Preheat oven to prebaking temperature specified on the puff pastry package. Thaw the puff pastry as instructed on the package and gently use to line 2 10 inch tart pans with removable bottoms. Cut away excess with a sharp knife. Pre-bake as directed on the package. (You can also use a 9x9 inch square baking dish, not as elegant but equally as tasty).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and toast the almonds until they are pale brown, about 10 minutes.
4. In a food processor, process the toasted almonds with the flour for a couple of minutes. In a mixer or with a whisk, beat the egg and egg yolk with the sugar until pale yellow. Stir the almond/flour into the eggs/sugar until incorporated. Then, slowly add the hot milk while stirring.
5. In a saucepan over medium low heat, cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add the butter, almond and vanilla extract.
6. Arrange the pear halves in a circle on the pre-baked puff pastry. Pour or spoon the almond mixture onto the puff pastry around the pears.
7. Bake about 30-35 minutes until the tart is solid and has browned slightly. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (163g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 100 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.1g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 37.7mg||12 %|
|Sodium 45.2mg||2 %|
|Potassium 196.4mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.2g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 40.9g|
|Protein 4.9g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 291
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.