1. Place chopped pears in pot
2. Pour pineapple juice over pears to prevent them from browning.
3. Stir in sugar
4. Bring to a boil over med heat
5. Stir frequently to prevent scorching
6. When pears are at a full boil, reduce to med and cook until the mixture is the color and texture of honey.
7. The longer you cook it, the thicker it gets.
Cooking time is usually 2-3 hours
8. Ladle into hot sterile jars
9. Place in water bather for 10 minutes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1629g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2451 (88%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 272.3g||363 %|
|Saturated Fat 158.8g||794 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 69.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.6g|
|Cholesterol 717.6mg||221 %|
|Sodium 1106.5mg||38 %|
|Potassium 2284.1mg||60 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 71.5g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 71g|
|Protein 29.6g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2793
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!