Pear Walnut Bundt Cake by Eve Fox
Eve is the creator of The Garden of Eating, a blog about food--cooking it, eating it, and growing it. She has a legendary love of aprons and can often be found salivating over the fruits and veggies at one of the many farmers markets near her home in Woodstock, NY. Want even more recipes, photos, giveaways, and food-related inspiration? "Like" the Garden of Eating on Facebook, or follow Eve on Twitter or Pinterest.
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and lightly grease and flour a bundt pan or two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl, and stir with a fork to mix everything well. If you are using nuts, scoop out about 1/4 cup of the flour mixture and combine it in a small bowl with the chopped walnuts, stirring and tossing to coat the nuts with the flour.
3. Peel and core the pears, then grate them. You'll want two grated cups total; set them briefly aside. In a medium bowl, combine the butter or oil, eggs, sugar, grated pear, nuts (if using), and vanilla, and stir to mix everything well. Scrape the pear mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until the flour disappears and the batter is evenly moistened.
4. Quickly scrape the batter into the prepared pans and bake at 350F for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the bread is handsomely browned and firm on top and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack or folded kitchen towel for about 10 minutes. Then turn it out onto a plate or a wire rack to cool completely, top side up. Serve it as is or sprinkle it with confectioners sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (180g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 179 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.9g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.7g|
|Cholesterol 77mg||24 %|
|Sodium 5408.8mg||187 %|
|Potassium 175.8mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 66.3g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 62.1g|
|Protein 6.6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 456
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.