Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Set out a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
For the topping:
1. Place the butter in the baking dish and melt in the oven while it is preheating. Remove from the oven and cool to lukewarm. Crumble the brown sugar evenly over the bottom of the dish. With a tablespoon, press the sugar into an even layer. One at a time, arrange the pecan halves in rows, rounded side down, in the sugar. With the flat of your hand press down on the pecans to secure them.
For the kugel:
1. Bring a large covered pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a pinch of salt and the noodles and cook according to the package directions, until tender. Drain in a colander. Return the noodles to the cooking pot. Add the butter and stir until melted. Cover the noodles so they don't dry out.
2. In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon, beat the cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Add the noodles and toss with 2 spoons, mixing well.
3. Pour the noodle mixture into the dish with the topping (which is on the bottom). Smooth with a rubber spatula. Cover with foil.
4. Bake until the kugel is firm and set, about 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more, to lightly brown the surface. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes.
5. To unmold, loosen the edges of the kugel and place a large rectangular platter, jelly-roll pan, or cutting board on top of the baking dish. Turn dish and platter both over together and lift off the baking dish to reveal the pecan studded top. With a serrated knife, cut the kugel into small pieces and serve hot or warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (128g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 153 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 145.4mg||45 %|
|Sodium 165.8mg||6 %|
|Potassium 104.9mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 15.4g|
|Protein 7.3g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 240
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!