1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Roll the dough into a 12 inch circle. Place into a 9 inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Flute the edges and freeze for 15 minutes.
3. While freezing, place brown sugar and water in a pot and bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Once boiling reduce to a simmer. After 3 minutes the consistency should be like a runny syrup. Feel free to cook a little longer if too runny.
4. In a small bowl lightly beat the eggs and egg whites, set aside.
5. In a medium bowl add the pecans (chopped and halves). Add in the granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, milk, flour, and mix. Then add in the hot brown sugar syrup. Mix together. Lastly mix in the egg mixture.
6. Pour into the pie crust. Cover the crust edges and bake for 35-40 minutes. Should be lightly springy when the center is pushed. Last 5 minutes uncover the crust to make it golden brown.
7. Cool before eating.
If you want to decorate the top with the pecans don't add the chopped in step 5. You'll complete the mix and scoop out some halves first. Then after scooping some out, add the chopped into the bowl and stir. Go onto step 6 and pour into crust. Place the halves on the top in a pattern. Press them so they start to sink but stay on top. Bake as listed.
I'm playing with more sugar alternatives. Sugar as date sugar, sugar in the raw, etc. Also trying for lower sugar and lower calories. If anyone has any luck with an alternative post in the comments!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (85g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 139 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.5g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 31.2mg||10 %|
|Sodium 106.1mg||4 %|
|Potassium 129.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.7g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 44g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 326
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!