1. In a large pot, bring 5 quarts of water and the salt to a boil. Cook the pasta until just al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the water; drain the pasta.
2. Meanwhile, in another large pot, cook the sausage on medium high, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned. Transfer the sausage to paper towels.
3. Add the kale to the pot and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the beans, drained pasta, and pasta water. Simmer until the pasta is fully cooked, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove the pot from the heat, stir in the lemon zest and juice, cheese, parsley, butter, sausage, and olive oil.
This was supposed to be made with orecchiette pasta, but we used penne. I think you could make this with just about any pasta, just about any green, and just about any sausage.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (333g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 300 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.3g||44 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.7g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 128.7mg||40 %|
|Sodium 1184.6mg||41 %|
|Potassium 922.3mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.4g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 55.7g|
|Protein 28.2g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 649
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!