These outrageously fudgy Peppermint Crinkle cookies, at first bite, have the deceptively delicious crunch of a cookie, but finish with the delightful chew of a brownie. Perfect for holiday cookie swaps... or, for a year-round chocolate fix, nix the mint and add your favorite chip of choice!
1. In a large bowl, whisk the first four dry ingredients together and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. On high speed, briefly beat in egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract until just combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl every minute or so.
3. On low speed, incorporate the reserved dry ingredients into the wet ingredients very slowly until combined. Using a spatula, fold in the peppermint chips. (Any chip of choice or chopped nut can be used here in equal proportion.) Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and chill until very firm (at least 6 hours, but overnight is best).
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
5. Scoop out roughly 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. For a more distinct crinkle and a pronounced powdery finish, roll each ball very lightly in granulated sugar before generously coating them in powdered sugar. Place cookies on the baking sheets and place in the freezer or fridge for 15 minutes before baking to prevent spread.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool cookies briefly on the baking sheet until they firm up slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
We very highly recommend chilling the cookies thoroughly before baking to prevent sprawl.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (29g)|
|Recipe Makes: 18 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 57 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.4g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 16mg||5 %|
|Sodium 228mg||8 %|
|Potassium 56.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 13.9g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 117
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.