made with All Butter - THIS IS THE ONE!
The Quest for the Perfect Pie Crust ...Butter makes the best pie crust.
1. Add all your dry ingredients to a chilled glass bowl and toss the mixture with a fork.
2. Freeze butter and grate, add to the flour bowl.
3. Using spatula, toss butter into the flour. Stop when the butter is well coated.
4. Whip the ice cold water and oil until it looks cloudy and the mixture looks a little foamy. Quickly add two thirds of this to the dry ingredients and toss with a fork. If it is not coming together add the remaining liquid.
Do Not over work the dough. It will make it tough.
5. The dough should look somewhat dry but come together when squeezed in your hands.
6. Now divide this mixture in half to make two balls by squeezing it all together. Compress and flatten the balls to form two large disks.
7. Wrap disks tightly with plastic wrap or in a plastic bag, and chill for 30-60 minutes. You can freeze them for two months by adding a foil wrap to the covered disks.
8. Your dough is now ready for your favorite pie recipe.
Makes one 10 to 9 inch pie, double crust, dough
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (342g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 863 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 95.9g||128 %|
|Saturated Fat 58.7g||294 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 244mg||75 %|
|Sodium 2534.1mg||87 %|
|Potassium 221.3mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 125g||37 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 120.8g|
|Protein 16.4g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1422
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.