1. On the night before serving the roasted chicken, prepare salt solution water by adding about 60 grams of salt to 1 liter of water, and bath the chicken in the salted water for over night. This is to make the chicken hold its moisture. Moister = flavor.
2. About 2 1/2 hours right before the time you want to serve the perfect roast when ready to cook, take it out of the fridge, pat dry, rub it with lot of butter, put whole lemon and herbs in its cavity. In a roasting pan, roast it in 105 C degree for an hour and a half.
3. Take the chicken out and rest it for 45 minutes. Between this, get the oven as hot as you can ,265 C degree is an ideal for my previous experiment. After the chicken has rested, roast it for the last 10 minutes. This is to ensure that the chicken skin is very crispy on the outside and the inside meat remain soft and juicy.
4. Take the sauce on the pan and start making a quick creamed gravy by following the recipe foe chicken gravy.
5. Cut the chicken lengthwise , serve!
THe chicken texture is really great , although this is still too salty for my taste. I might try to reduce salt in salt solution water and see the result next time.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (432g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 509 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 56.5g||75 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.6g||98 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.5g|
|Cholesterol 252.9mg||78 %|
|Sodium 298.5mg||10 %|
|Potassium 987.9mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 12.7g|
|Protein 59.9g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 819
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!