Green Chili Sauce (Aji Verde):
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree. Add more water as needed to reach desired consistency.
Peruvian Green Chicken with Rice (Arroz con Pollo Verde):
1. Place cilantro and water in food processor or blender and puree. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, toss together chicken pieces, ground cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning pieces over to brown on both sides. Set aside.
4. Add garlic, onion, red peppers and carrots to pan. Sauté for 3 minutes until softened. Add cabbage and sauté another minute.
5. Rinse rice and quinoa well (at least 3 times); drain. Place rice and quinoa in a rice cooker. Add beer, water, chicken, pureed cilantro and vegetables. Cook on white rice setting. Add peas and close rice cooker; let stand for a few minutes; toss peas into rice/quinoa.
6. Serve with Green Chili Sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (345g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 98 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.8g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 94.1mg||29 %|
|Sodium 170.6mg||6 %|
|Potassium 691.8mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.3g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 32.2g|
|Protein 30.2g||43 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 384
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.