One of our favorite fish recipes from Mexico. Pescado a la talla is a traditional dish from the city of Acapulco. To this day, you can find tens of "palapas" along side the ocean with people grilling and selling this amazing dish. Great for the whole family!
• In a bowl, mix the mayo, lime juice and salt. Rub the fish with the mixture and let marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature (or up to an hour in the fridge).
• Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add the Acapulco Cooking paste. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Let cool to room temperature.
• Preheat outdoor grill. Lightly grease a grilling basket and place the fish fillets inside. Place the basket on top of the grilling rack and grill for 4-5 minutes, basting with the sauce at least 2 times. Turn basket over, baste with melted butter and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until fish is cooked.
Alternate cooking method
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a large cookie sheet and place fish fillets on top. Transfer to oven and let cook for 6-7 minutes basting the fish with the sauce at least 2 times. Turn fish over, baste with melted butter and cook for 5-6 more minutes or until fish is cooked.
• Serve with warm corn tortillas on the side, lime wedges, salt and avocado slices. This recipe is ideal for fish tacos. Provecho!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (24g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 60 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 5.3mg||2 %|
|Sodium 119.8mg||4 %|
|Potassium 17.3mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.9g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 67
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.