1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Flatten chicken (with a rolling pin) to 1/2 inch thick; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine cheese and 1/4 cup pesto; spread over chicken. Roll up each from a short side and secure with a toothpick.
3) In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Place seam side down in a large (11 x 7 inch) baking dish. Drizzle butter over top of chicken.
4) Place tomato quarters in dish with chicken (not on top of chicken.) Sprinkle salt over tomatoes and drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
5) Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. In a microwave safe dish, heat remaining pesto. Serve pesto, chicken, and tomatoes over angel hair pasta.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1425g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 390 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 43.4g||58 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.9g||80 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.2g|
|Cholesterol 683.4mg||210 %|
|Sodium 4467.5mg||154 %|
|Potassium 3415.6mg||90 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 182.2g||54 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.1g||49 %|
|Sugars, other 170.1g|
|Protein 260.5g||372 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2224
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.