There are many delicious deviled egg recipes out there, and while I do love traditional preparations, today’s pesto-inspired concoction provides a fun new flavor!
While you certainly can take the time to crisp up bacon on the stove or in the oven, I recommend purchasing the real 100% bacon pieces usually found on the salad topping aisle. I love using this product for the time, convenience, and energy savings, and I have featured it in many recipes throughout this series.
1) Add the eggs to a saucepan. Make sure the pan is big enough that the eggs are not “stacked” on top of each other. Fill the saucepan to where the eggs the eggs are covered by an inch of water.
2) Heat the water on biggest stove top burner on high until boiling.
3) Rapidly boil the eggs for 2 minutes. After this, cover the eggs, turn the heat off, and let the eggs finish cooking without using energy for 13 minutes.
4) Drain the water and rinse the eggs under cold running water from the sink.
Deviled Eggs Directions:
1) Peel and dry the eggs, and then cut them into halves. Remove the yellow yolks and add them to a bowl.
2) In a food processor, add the mayonnaise, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, basil, pine nuts, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Process 30-40 seconds until combined.
3) Add the creamy pesto from the food processor to the egg yolks and mash together with a fork until relatively smooth.
4) Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves.
5) Top each deviled egg with a sprinkling of bacon pieces, a drizzle of olive oil or balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle of extra parmesan cheese.
Check out photos of this recipe and more on the Bounce Energy Blog!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (118g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 165 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.3g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 424.8mg||131 %|
|Sodium 180.1mg||6 %|
|Potassium 143.2mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.7g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.6g|
|Protein 12.7g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 221
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!