1. Pour the olive oil into the blender.
2. Chop the basil leaves and add them to the olive oil to encourage the basil to break down as quickly as possible.
3. Toast the pine nuts lightly on the stove under medium heat. When they become fragrant, chop them and add it to the olive oil.
4. Chop or mince the garlic and add it to the blender.
5. Pulse the mixtures and push down the leaves with a rubber spatula a couple of times a minute until the basil oil becomes fragrant and emerald green.
6. Scoop the mixture out into a seperate bowl and mix in the grated parmesean cheese and salt.
7. Taste and adjust accordingly.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (49g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 260 (91%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.9g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 11mg||3 %|
|Sodium 192.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 91.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 1.7g|
|Protein 6.2g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 286
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!