1. Make the sauce by heating the oil over low heat. Add all other sauce ingredients and raise heat to medium. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Slice the flank steak against the grain into ¼ inch thick bite sized pieces.
3. Dip the pieces into cornstarch to apply a thin dusting on both sides of each piece of beef. Let beef sit for about 10 minutes in so that the cornstarch sticks.
4. Heat one cup of oil in a wok or skillet. Cook beef for only about 2 minutes. Stir it around so it cooks evenly, but it will be cooked more later. Remove with a large slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
5. Pour the oil out and put the meat back in and simmer for 1 minute. Add the sauce, cook for about a minute and add the green onions. Remove with slotted spoon and put on serving dish, leaving behind extra sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (365g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 132 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.7g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 315.1mg||97 %|
|Sodium 8507.3mg||293 %|
|Potassium 918.5mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.2g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 51.4g|
|Protein 38.5g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 494
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!