- Heat 2 tsp. of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat, without letting it get too hot.
- Add ginger, garlic, soy sauce and water to the pan, being careful not to scorch the garlic.
- Dissolve the brown sugar in the sauce, then increase the heat to medium and boil the sauce for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the flank steak against the grain at a 45 degree angle into 1/4" thick bite-size slices.
- Dip each piece into cornstarch and then let sit for 10 minutes.
- As the beef sits, heat up one cup of oil in a wok over medium heat. You want it hot enough, but not smoking.
- Add the beef to the oil and sauté until brown, cooking evenly on all sides.
- After a couple of minutes, remove the cooked meat and place on paper towels.
- Dab excess oil off meat and add to medium saucepan with the sauce in it. Put the pan back over medium/low heat.
- Add chopped green onions and let sauce simmer until warm. Serve over rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (750g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 461 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 51.3g||68 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.6g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 30.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.5g|
|Cholesterol 39.7mg||12 %|
|Sodium 39711.3mg||1369 %|
|Potassium 1543.6mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.6g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 70.2g|
|Protein 77.5g||111 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1037
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.