1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture is the consistency of tiny peas.
3. Slowly sprinkle on very cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing mixture lightly and stirring with fork until there are just a few bits of loose flour left. Add water each time to the driest part of the mixture. The dough should be just moist enough to hold together when pressed gently with a fork. Be sure not to add too much liquid here as the amount needed depends on humidity.
4. Gather the dough together and carefully pour it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Gently work the dough into a disk. Work it as little as possible.
5. Lightly flour a rolling pin and your work surface and roll out dough.
6. Place the dough in a 9" pie shell, trimming and fluting the edges. Prick the bottom of pie shell with fork.
7. Bake pie shell at 400 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until browned the way you like it. Cool before filling.
This is for a single crust, double for a filled, 2-crust pie
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 crust (single) (40|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 923 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 102.5g||137 %|
|Saturated Fat 41.3g||207 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 45.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.2g|
|Cholesterol 57.4mg||18 %|
|Sodium 3.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 5.1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 225g||66 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 225g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1793
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!