best pie crust ever. recipe makes crust for 2 pies, two tops and two bottoms
1. Mix flour and salt(I usually use only half the amount of salt called for).
2. Cut in the crisco and then blend with mixer until the dough is in little pea sized consistency.
3. Mix vinegar and egg in one cup measuring cup, and add water so total volume is one cup. If only making half the recipe, add whole egg with 1/2 tsp of vinegar, and add water to make 1/2 cup.
4. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture, stirring with fork until everything is lightly moistened.
5. Chill for half hour minimum, or can make the night before and leave in fridge until needed for use.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (75g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 233 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.8g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.4g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 24.4mg||8 %|
|Sodium 3.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 4.5mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.9g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 46.9g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 415
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.