1. This is best prepared in a sandwich maker, but can be prepared like a grilled cheese. Also, you can put whatever pizza toppings you want inside, just make sure not to load it too full or the sandwich won’t seal around the edges properly.
2. Butter the outsides of the two slices of bread (the sides that will touch the sandwich maker). Spread pizza sauce on the inside of the bread, just as you would spread mayo on a sandwich.
3. Lay once slice in the sandwich maker, butter-side down.
4. Lay pepperonis on top of the sauce in a layer so that the next pepperoni half-way overlays the last. Make sure the toppings don’t over stretch the edge of the bread. You want the sandwich maker to be able to press all edges of the sandwich together, bread-to-bread. This will help to keep all toppings inside the sandwich and form a tightly sealed pocket.
5. Put a layer of mozzarella cheese on top, but not too much. Otherwise it will cause the sandwich to not seal all the way and cheese will ooze out in the sandwich maker and create a mess.
6. Sprinkle the top of the cheese with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Place remaining slice of bread, pizza sauce-side down.
7. Close sandwich maker tightly and cook until toasted to a golden brown and heated through. Most sandwich makers have a light to indicate when it’s done.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (337g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1375 (88%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 152.8g||204 %|
|Saturated Fat 92.2g||461 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 41.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7g|
|Cholesterol 396.8mg||122 %|
|Sodium 2302.1mg||79 %|
|Potassium 490.4mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 36.6g|
|Protein 14.9g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1568
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!