1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. The dough will be sticky, if too sticky add a little flour, if too dry add a little water.
2. Divide dough into smaller amounts and either roll out by hand or via pasta machine to desired thickness (approx. 1/4-inch).
The following is the recipe continued if making pierogi. (Add 2-3 hours to the time if you choose to do this, but believe me, it's worth the hard work!)
3. Once dough is rolled out cut (ex. Cut and Seal tool) out 3-4" circles. Then add the desired filling, typically a heaping teaspoon to the center of the circle. (Fillings include: potato and cheese, apricot, sauerkraut, and others)
4. Using water brush the edge of half the circle. Then fold over and crimp using a crimping tool (ex. Cut and Seal tool) or a fork.
5. Boil for 5 minutes once they float. Remove from water and soak in an ice bath for about a minute. Remove from ice bath and let dry.
6. After they are all boiled then heat a pan over medium/medium-high heat with lots of butter.
7. Fry both sides of the pierogi in the butter, until golden brown and a bit crispy. Then serve hot.
This recipe is for 1 batch of pierogi noodles which makes roughly 25. There is a lot going on, if you have helpers you can form an assembly line for steps 2-4. However, for step 5 I recommend doing all of the pierogi before moving on to frying them.
Typically when you make pierogi there ends up being a ton, but these freeze well. After boiled, and let to air dry for an hour or so place in freezer containers and freeze. Ready to eat, pull them out and fry them up like they were fresh, but just add a little more time to accommodate the pierogi being frozen initially.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (35g)|
|Recipe Makes: 25 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0.4mg||0 %|
|Sodium 10.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 15.3mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 18.5g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 74
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!