* Bring to a boil two quarts of water.
* Peel potatoes and cut into medium pieces.
* Boil potatoes until soft, approximately 20 minutes.
* Drain potatoes well, add three ounces of milk, butter, salt and pepper and mix until mixture is smooth. Add cheddar cheese and mix again. Put mixture off to cool before using.
* On a clean surface, make a mountain with the flour. In the center of the mountain, make a dent with your fist. Pour in slightly beaten eggs and pinch of salt.
* Mix with your hands, adding milk slowly and mixing well after each addition to form a dough that is smooth and stiff but not sticky. If the dough is still wet, add more flour and knead well.
* Let the dough rest for about an hour and roll out as thin as possible and cut into three inch circles.
* Use a tablespoon to spoon in the filling.
* Wet edges of dough with fingertips dipped in water, then fold over and crimp edges with a fork to seal.
* Place pierogies in boiling salted water.
* They will float to the top when done (5-7 minutes)
**Serve with butter or Marinara sauce, your preference.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (605g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 1049 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 116.6g||155 %|
|Saturated Fat 69.1g||346 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.1g|
|Cholesterol 807.6mg||248 %|
|Sodium 1081.9mg||37 %|
|Potassium 973.8mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 139.2g||41 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 132.6g|
|Protein 44.1g||63 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1775
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.