1. Add the rusk crumbs to the pork sausage. The crumbs should be fairly small. The rusk should be the toasted kind, not soft rusk. Salt and pepper it to taste. If you had to use saltines, you probably don't want to add more salt.
2. Form the sausage/crumb mixture into rolls--about 3/4 to 1" in diameter, by about 2-1/2 to 3" long.
3. Mix the first 7 ingredients together. On a floured surface, roll the dough out. It shouldn't be too terribly thick, but not too thin, either. The dough is quite sticky, so be sure you flour the rolling pin and counter surface well.
4. Cut the rolled out dough into squares, big enough so you can put the sausage roll inside and bring the edges up around it. Pinch the ends and where the dough came together so the dough will stay around the sausage roll.
5. Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve hot.
6. These freeze well and you can take out what you want and bake them.
7. The number made depends on how many sausage rolls you make, how thin or thick you roll the dough, etc. It has been many years since I made these, and I don't remember any longer how many the recipe made, although it does make a lot.
8. These are quite time consuming, so if you decide to make them, plan on plenty of preparation time!! However, the time is worth it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (232g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 298 (74%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.1g||44 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.2g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4g|
|Cholesterol 74.1mg||23 %|
|Sodium 3210.2mg||111 %|
|Potassium 390.7mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 11.1g|
|Protein 16.7g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 402
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!